Instead of the regular bread for breakfast, why not try this recipe? You can serve it without bread spreads.
It’s so delicious and of course, nutrituous!
-11/3 cups Plain flour
-1/3 cup Wholemeal flour
-21/4 tsp Baking powder
-1/3 tsp Salt
-3/4 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
-5 tbsp Butter
-1/2 cup Sugar
-3/4 tsp Grated lemon rind
-3 ripe Bananas (marshed)
-2 Eggs (beaten)
*Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease and flour a 21 x 12cm loaf tin (pan)
* Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, if using, into a bowl.
* In another bowl, combine the butter with the sugar and grated lemon rind. Beat thoroughly until light and fluffy.
* Add the mashed bananas and egg. Mix well. Add the dry ingredients. Blend quickly and evenly.
* Spoon into the loaf tin. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
* Allow bread to cool in the tin for 5 minutes. Turn out on a wire rack to cool completely. Slice