I know there are several methods of cooking jollof rice.
Here’s one of the methods I’ve adopted.
– 2 cups Rice
– 4 medium sized Tomatoes
– Stock (beef or chicken)
– 2 large Bell peppers
– 1 Scotch bonnet
– 1 large onion + 1 small for ganishing
– 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
– 2 tbs Margarine
– Spices (curry, thyme)
– 1 Seasoning cube
* Blend the 3 tomatoes, bell peppers, scotch bonnet and 3/4 of the onion.
* Dice the remaining onion. Fry the blended pepper with the oil, salt and diced onion for about 4 minutes in a pot.
* Add water to the sauce. Add the stock, margarine, seasoning, and spices. Bring to boil. Wash your rice, drain and pour into the boiling sauce.
* Once rice is cooked, pour the sliced onion into the pot and allow to simmer for about 4 minutes on low heat. (You can add carrots at this point, if you desire) Your jollof rice is ready.