This is a healthy way to start your day. This treat can also serve as a snack at any time of the day.
-1cup Rolled oats
-1cup Flour (plain)
-1tsp Baking powder
-1/4tsp Bicarbonate of soda
* Combine the oats and buttermilk in a bowl. Leave to soak for 1 hour
*Preheat the oven to 200 degree celsius.
* Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer, until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg.
* In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and bicarbobate of soda. Stir the dry ingredient into the butter mixture, alternating with the oat mixture. Fold in the raisins. (Do not overmix, we don’t want tough and rubbery muffins)
* Fill greased muffin cups or paper cases two-thirds full.
* Bake until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.