This is ideal for breakfast or dinner. I can bet you’ll love it.
– 2 large Plantains (ripe)
– 1 cup All purpose flour
– 1 cup Wholemeal flour
– 1 tsp Chilli pepper
– 1 tsp Baking powder
– 2 Eggs
– 1/6 cup Sugar
– 2 cups milk
– Vegetable oil or melted margarine/butter
* Sift the flour and baking powder into a dry bowl. Add the chilli pepper.
* Puree the plantains with 1 cup milk and sugar in a blender till smooth.
* Beat the eggs.
* Pour the plantain puree, remaining milk and egg into the bowl of flour. Mix together carefully with a spoon or ladle to avoid lumps in the mixture.
* Turn up your heat to low heat. Allow your non-stick frying pan to warm up. Grease with the vegetable oil (make sure to pour out excess oil from pan). Pour 1-2 cooking spoons into the pan. Turn round gently till the batter covers the base of your pan. Allow to fry on low heat for 2-3 minutes. Flip over the pancake to the other side to allow it to fry too. Remove from heat once it’s golden brown.
* Serve warm with a glass of chilled juice or hot beverage.
©2015 ~MARY’s Kitchen~