Making this cake is so easy compared to how delicious it is. The first time I tried this recipe, the while cake finished in just a few minutes. It makes for an excellent dessert. I think you should try it too.
– 2/3 cup Self-raising flour
– 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
– 3 tbsp Butter
– 2 tbsp superfine Sugar
For the base
-1/4 cup Butter (softened)
– 6 tbsp superfine Sugar
– 1 egg (beaten)
– 1 cup self raising flour (sifted)
– 2 red apples (peeled, cored and sliced.
– 1/3 cup Raisins
– 1 red apple (cored, thinly sliced and tossed in lemon juice)
– 2 tbsp sugar (superfi/sifted)
– pinch of ground cinnamon
* Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
* Grease a deep 8 inch pan. Line with baking parchment and grease.
* To make the topping, sift the flour and cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips or a pastry cutter until it resembles breadcrumbs, then stir in the sugar. Set aside.
* To make the base, put the butter, sugar, egg and flour into a bowl and beat for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Spoon into the prepared pan.
* Mix together the apple slices and raisins, and spread them evenly over the top. Sprinkle with the topping.
* Bake for about 1 hour. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out on a wire rack an peeling off the lining paper. Serve warm or cool, decorated with slices of red apple and sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon.
~ MARY’s Kitchen