If you don’t like sweet pastries, this is for you. I love it too.
-2cups Plain Flour
-1tbsp baking powder
-4tbsp cold butter (or margarine)
* Preheat the oven to 220 celsius. Lightly butter a baking sheet.
* Sift the flour and baking powder together.
* Rub in the butter or margarine using your finger tips or pastry cutter- till you get a crumb-like mixture.
* Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture, add 1 egg and the milk, and mix to a soft dough using a round bladed knife (or your hands of course)
* Turn out the scone dough to a floured surface and knead VERY LIGHTLY until smooth.
* Roll out the dough to about a 2cm thickness and cut into circles (10-12) with a 5cm plain or fluted cutter dipped in flour. (You can improvise with round plastics with sharp edges)
* Transfer to the baking sheet. Beat the other egg. Brush the scones with the egg and bake for about 8minutes or until risen.
* Serve warm with butter or jam (by splitting the scones).