You already know that I like beans a lot. Here’s another bean-based dish. I particularly like this combo because of it’s high nutritional value. The amino acids are relatively balanced. And the taste is spectacular.
– 4 cobs Freshly harvested corn
– 2 cups Nigerian Honey beans
– 1 Large onion
– 2 Scotch bonnet
– 1.5 cup Palm oil
– Salt to taste
* With a sharp knife, carefully scrap the maize seeds from the cob.
* Pour maize into pot and cover with water. Remove chaff with perforated spoon. Cook for 30 minutes. (I cook in a pressure pot for 10-15 minutes).
* Add picked, washed and presoaked beans into the pot. Cook till beans is soft. (With a pressure pot, beans should be ready in 20-25 minutes).
* Chop onion and scotch bonnet finely. Add to the pot of beans-maize. Add pepper blend and palm oil. Add salt to taste. Cook for about 7-10 minutes on low heat.
* Serve warm.